The Global Short Story Competition, a monthly writing competiton run by Durham University in England, is open to writers from all over the world. The writing contest has been developed to showcase unknown writers and to build an international community of writers.
Each month a winning story along with a highly commended entry are selected for cash prizes - £100 GBP for the winner and £25 GBP for the runner-up. Winning stories of the Global Short Story competition are displayed on the Global Short Stories website. At the end of 12 months each winner is considered for a cash prize of £250 GBP and inclusion in an e-anthology.
In order to enter the writing contest online you need to be registered on the Global Short Story site. You can either pre-register or do so at the time that you submit your short story. The cost to enter the Global Short Story Competition is £5 GBP per story which can be paid electronically via Paypal. Postal entries are also accepted.
- Entries must be not more than 2,000 words and may be on any theme
- Entries must be by writers aged 17 or over.
- Entries are limited to no more than 4 entries per individual per judging period.
- Entries must be written in English.
- The author retains copyright for short stories submitted however winning stories will be posted to the Global Short Story website.
Read more about submission guidelines and competition rules
Queries about the competition to: email@example.com
Enter Global Short Story Competition online
Post entries to:
29 High Northgate
England DL1 1UQ
Entries need to be marked Global Short Story Competition and contain the £5 entry fee. Cheques should made payable to Certys Limited.