The winner of the Takahe Poetry Competition 2010 will receive a first prize of $250. The second prize is $100 in cash. There are also free yearly subscriptions to the Takahe magazine for the two runners up. Winning entries will be published in the future issues of the Takahe magazine.
The poetry contest is open to poets from around the world. Work submitted must not have been previously published.
There is no limit to the number of entries an author can submit. The cost per entry is NZ $5.00.
Poets have free reign to unleash whatever they are passionate about as there is no set theme for the poetry competition. Poems are, however, limited to 50 lines. Copyright stays with the poet.
Read the winning poem by Emma Neale from the 2008 Takahe Poetry Competition
- Each entry must be the original work of the author and be previously unpublished
- The maximum length of each entry is 50 lines.
- Entries must be typed on A4 paper and printed on one side only
- The entrants name must not appear on the manuscript
- Each entry must be accompanied by the $5 entry fee along with a self addressed envelope for return of results and entries
Closes: 30 September 2010
Entries should be posted to:
Takahe Poetry Competition 2010
PO Box 13-335
Queries about the competition can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org